Sunday 15 August 2010

Woods and Weddings...

Hello again,

I'm surprised I've managed to stay off my blog for longer than two days!  I've had this week off work and have been spending lots of lovely time with my boyfriend sorting out our flat.  We've also been to a wedding (more details on that later), visited a friend in Leeds and went for a lovely picnic in Ashridge Forest, which is about 50 minutes drive from our home.


It was so beautiful and peaceful and I just loved being surrounded by big, green trees. 


We were walking for at least two hours and saw lots of bunnies, deer and squirrels and no more than four other people... bliss!


We'd had torrential rain the day before (nothing quite like a 'British summer' (!)), so hence my funky wellies, hehe.


Like I was saying earlier, we also went to a family wedding.  P's cousin was getting married, so of course, I made their card.  Neither the bride or groom are particularly sentimental or mushy, so I was a bit stuck on what to put on their card.  In the end I came up with this... 


I found the stamp on the Handy Hippo website and coloured it in using my Promarkers.  I used the paper and cardboard hearts from my stash and the sentiment was a 'rub-on' one that I bought ages ago, but I reckon you could print something similar from your computer.  In hindsight, I think I should have put the stamp on cardboard rather than thick paper and perhaps mounted it on cardboard or something, but overall, I'm pretty happy with the result!

The wedding was perfect - the sun was out, everyone had a good time and the bride and groom smiled all day!  My favourite bit was throwing the confetti...


The detail on the bride's dress was absolutely stunning... I'm sure there's an idea for a card in there somewhere!


I was also rather pleased to notice that the colour of my card matched the colour scheme of the bride's bouquet and table decorations, hehe.




Love H x 


No comments:

Post a Comment